Saturday 24 September 2011

Can fuel injector cleaning cause engine problems?

I had my fuel injectors cleaned along with my regular oil change a week ago, and ever since my car has been behaving oddly. When I first start it, there's resistance on the gas pedal so I have to push extra hard to get it to go. Then it drives normally, but it doesn't like to idle. It feels as if my car wants to go when I'm stopped at a light for more than a few seconds. It's not loud or powerful like you would expect from someone revving the engine, but maybe like if you were really gently revving the engine? Does anyone know what the problem is? Could it have been caused by the fuel injector cleaning, because that's the only thing I did recently that I don't do frequently.Can fuel injector cleaning cause engine problems?Yes, I done it once and my car didn't run the same.

After talking to a local trusted mechanic, he told me those are just gimmics, and can ruin your engine. His advice was one, never use them again, two put at least 5 gallons of super unleaded when your near empty and let it run through.

Hope this helps.
Can fuel injector cleaning cause engine problems?
it is possible. one and one make 2. //before they got thier hands on it it ran fine,,right??

Engine flushes,radiator flushes,transmission flushes ,and the rest of them are all gimmicks. I never messed around with people's cars like that. And kept the same people for years.
  • structuretoptr
  • looking for advice on
  •