Saturday 24 September 2011

I put a new injector pump on my 2002 5.9 ho truck and it roles white raw diesel smoke at an idle.?

I put a new injector pump on my 2002 5.9 ho truck and it roles white raw diesel smoke at an idle then starts loping real bad with even thicker white smoke. If you give it throttle it pops out the exhaust then clears up. So I put another pump on it and it does the same, then I put injectors in it and is still the same. it has good fuel pressure , fass lift pump, Fluid dampener. Checked all sensors and it has no codes. 165,000 miles.

People have told me it is the ecm, so I changed that and still the same, I have tried every thing else so I don't know what to do. Did an injector kill test and it jumps around. I change the injectors around and it didn't change. It has had 3 different pumps and didn't change. 2 sets of injectors and didn't change. Changed fuel filter, checked injector lines in the right order, it doesn't trough any codes. So I don't no if it could be a sensor or which sensor to replace. It could get expensive replacing all the sensors, man this is frustrating and getting expensive.I put a new injector pump on my 2002 5.9 ho truck and it roles white raw diesel smoke at an idle.?Sounds like you are replacing the pump but not resetting the timing when you do. White smoke and a lope are signs of retarded timing.
I put a new injector pump on my 2002 5.9 ho truck and it roles white raw diesel smoke at an idle.?
Get it to a shop, your spending way more money than if you had takin it to a shop to begin with. Shotgunning parts will cost you a fortune. Also the down time you have lost is worth more than the shops time anyways. Sounds like you might have the timing out though. Very common problem when I have seen customer installed injection pumps on those cummins engines.