Saturday 24 September 2011

Fuel injector leaking?

I recently changed an intake manifold in my 97 ford crown vic because it came with a faulty intake. While putting a fuel injector back in the rail (which was taken out to make room for the removal of the intake) i noticed that the o ring was a bit stretched and a bit of it was clipped off while putting it in, I already knew that it would most likely leak. it is leaking. Now my engine make a very load and consistent ping noice, and it is idling low I am assuming that this is cus one of the cilinders is running dry and all i am hearing is metal bouncing up and down. And for the idling low i am assuming that this is also due to a lack of fuel pressure because of the leak. Would somebody tell my if my assumptions are correct, and if not what else it would be.Fuel injector leaking?The ping noise could be just that. Low fuel pressure. the O-Ring should have been replaced when you noticed it. It is not a hard job but I think you should do all 8 just to be safe. I have found that a very light coat of cooking oil on the rings will let the fuel rail slide over the rings without damage.
Fuel injector leaking?
yeah thats pretty much right, just change the o ring and you should be good