Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fuel Injector Questions?

Is the flow rate of the Delphi 25323971 fuel injector and the Delphi 25317628 fuel injector the same. Also where can I find the complete specifications on each of these injectors. I swapped a 5.3 LS 1 engine from a 2002 Silverado and had to change out the intake manifold and injectors. The engine seems to be not getting enough fuel. The engine is hard starting. Although once started it runs o.k. Under hard acceleration it acts like it needs more fuel. I did have the ecm re-programed and I do not get any codes when checked with the scanner. I have looked to find the specifications on the injectors and have had no luck. So I thought I would give this a try.



Thanks for any and all assistance.



WilliamFuel Injector Questions?the slow starting if I read your thoughts correct is a sign of a bad fuel pump in the tank ans was and is a common problem with gm vehicles. they require a lot of cranking before firing over when the pumps fail. after starting though they run ok though it sure seams odd to me its true. this is the pump in the fuel tank by the way. there is often a secondary push pump and may explain why its fime after it would also exlain the crapping out when accelerating as you only have half the psi available. i have doubts that you have any injector complication as you say it idles ok
Fuel Injector Questions?
Wow, the US LS1 is smaller than the Australian one. Ours is a 5.7lt