Saturday 24 September 2011

My 1997 olds bravada won't start. The fuel pump does make sound when I turn the key.?

The fuel filter was changed, still nothing. It ran for a minute when gas was dumped into the fuel injector, but died shortly after. Any suggestions??? Thanks.........My 1997 olds bravada won't start. The fuel pump does make sound when I turn the key.?Check the fuel pressure. You need about 60 # while the pump is runnung and engine is not.
My 1997 olds bravada won't start. The fuel pump does make sound when I turn the key.?
Just because the pump makes noise doesn't mean it pumping at good pressure.
My 1997 olds bravada won't start. The fuel pump does make sound when I turn the key.?
it'll run like poo if your not getting good fuel pressure sure but it will still start. it takes 3 things ti get an engine to start: fuel-air-fire, check to see if your getting any fuel to the rail by sticking a knife tip on the schrader valve (yours i believe has a green or black cap on a BLACK line) if no fuel is present check the flow on the fuel filter, you may have installed it backwords. good luck and god bless