Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fuel Injector problems?

I own a 1993 Dodge Dakota v6 engine with about 150,000 miles on it.



This whole week I thought I had a bad vacuum leak because my truck was idling rough, but after changing the EGR valve, IAC unit, the spark plugs, brake booster, master cylinder, and air filter I realize that my fuel injector might be dirty. So I just put fuel injector cleaner into my gas tank and noticed that my truck is running a little better.



But when I went for a test drive my truck shakes and doesn't speed up like it has power. Do you think it's my fuel injectors causing the loss of power and shaking when driving?



Maybe I should change the 02 sensor?





P.S Do not tell me to go to a mechanic because my dad wants me to learn to fix trucks and find problems. :)Fuel Injector problems?Well as far as cleaning out your injectors you could hook them up to a 12 volt source (like a battery charger set on 12V) and run something like lacquer thinner through them with an air hose to clean them out and make sure it comes out in a spray not a stream.



also as far as replacing your O2 sensor that could be part of the problem you should check to see when it needs replacing(mine is every 30 thousand miles but its an older car)



one more thing have you checked the advance in the distributer?
Fuel Injector problems?
No, you should just get new fuel injectors.
Fuel Injector problems?
could be. If you have multiple fuel injectors see if you can find the dead cylender by pulling injector wires. if you pull one and dont hear the engine die out a little, thats the one!
here is a good website for you to read. it is self eaplanatory:

http://www.automotivetroubleshootingsecr鈥?/a>

keep it in your favorites pile.

If you want to fix cars then you have to start reading a lot
THE 02 SENSOR WONT CAUSE THAT,HOWEVER BAD INJECTORS WILL,SHOOT IF YOU'VE CHANGED ALL THAT OTHER STUFF WHATS ONE MORE THING?REPLACE THE INJECTORS,THEN YOU'LL HAVE A NEW TRK,W/150K MILES ON IT.
Check your fuel pressure. You could have a failing fuel pump, plugged fuel filter, or a failing fuel pressure regulator. A failing fuel regulator can cause the plugs to foul out or a rich mixture on idle if it is not opening. If it is failing to bring the system up to pressure you will have a lean situation. A vacuum leak can also cause the fuel pressure regulator not to detect idle, so before you replace it because of high pressure at idle make sure you do not have a leak!

I don't think it is the O2 sensor, nor injectors.

How is the air filter, cap and rotor (if any) and when did you replace the plug wires (if any).