Wednesday 26 October 2011

Do you need to change the fuel filter in an 2003 toyota corrolla?

I heard it was a non serviceable part. I have never heard of that before. I have 107,000 miles on it. My friend did the spark plugs, air filter, rubber gasket kit about 10,000 miles ago. Last week it was getting a little sluggish at no consistent time, so I put fuel injector cleaner and it made a huge difference. I just want to make sure I can get the max power out of it. Is there other things or fluids I can put in it to do that. I just don't know what to measure it by because it does have many miles on it. I never drive on the interstate so I never really go past 60.Do you need to change the fuel filter in an 2003 toyota corrolla?It is a non serviceable part in the respect that you change it and throw the old one away.But yes it does need to be changed.
Do you need to change the fuel filter in an 2003 toyota corrolla?
Toyota makes great parts and good cars. Consider this, have you ever looked at a air filter and seen how dirty it can get? Now consider that fuel injector and it is spraying fuel under pressure through a very fine tip. Your filter prevents dirt and debris from plugging that tip, how many gallons of fuel do you think that filter has already cleaned? They only last so long and then it causes undue stress on the fuel pump to push the fuel through a dirty filter. Do your car a favor and change that filter before it plugs entirely and leaves you stranded.