Wednesday 26 October 2011

98 Camaro 3800 Fuel Delivery Problem...?

Ok, I have just asked a couple of questions regarding Fuel Pressure regulator and a Fuel Pressure Gauge, but now I'm just gonna lay out the whole problem right now.....



I'm having trouble with my fuel delivery system, it will run and drive for a while then it will die.



Here's an example of what's happening, the first time it happened, I was driving and I stopped at a red light then when I accelerated it died, So I had it towed home then tried changing the fuel filter and then it ran fine for about 50 miles (1 week later) no problems it happens again at a red light it just died and won't kick over so I have it towed home again. hour or so later after sitting it starts up again now I'm afraid to drive it because I know it will happen again...what could be the problem??



Injectors?

Fuel Pressure regulator?

Fuel Pump seems Fine because I can hear it come on when I turn the key.





I also hooked up a Fuel Pressure Regulator to the port on the fuel line and got this reading: 42 PSI with engine off and the needle goes down is that leak some where???



and about 45 PSI at idle.98 Camaro 3800 Fuel Delivery Problem...?First thing I would do, hook up an OBD2 scanner and check for codes. The second thing I would check is, fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors.
98 Camaro 3800 Fuel Delivery Problem...?
It could be a transmission problem. That's if it is a Standard.