Wednesday 26 October 2011

Is This a bad fuel pressure regulator?

I have a 91 cavalier z24 with the 3.1 v6. I was having problems with it starting. It would start up then shut off, and then start right back up and run fine. I took it to the shop, and they changed the fuel filter, and cleaned the fuel injectors. It starts on the first start now and runs good, but every once in awhile I smell fuel, and when I am at highway speeds and let off the gas my car like hesitates like it is not getting enough fuel. It like jerks back and forth for a second. This only does it when slowing down. Does this sound like a bad fuel pressure regulator? How tough is it to change a fuel pressure regulator? ThanksIs This a bad fuel pressure regulator?Try a couple of taks of gas at a different filling station. Had a similar prob with my VW 1.6 and two tanks of decent fuel solved it.
Is This a bad fuel pressure regulator?
I had very similar problems with my 93 cavalier RS 3.1 L, V6. I found the fuel pressure regulator was leaking gas through the vaccum lines into the air intake, and into the map sensor flooding it with gas. I'm in the process of replace it now. What a pain in the rear.

Report Abuse

  • ittwit
  • How do i make a quilt
  •