Wednesday 26 October 2011

Why does the 40 amp. fuse for the ignition system blw out everytime I start my 2001 toyota p/u?

I have changed the head gasket, 1 fuel injector, plugs and wires, rotor, %26amp; timing belt., and the 40amp. fuse under the hood blows out when I start the truck.Why does the 40 amp. fuse for the ignition system blw out everytime I start my 2001 toyota p/u?I agree with the other person who answered you. Somewhere, and vehicle electrical is a real b****, somewhere there is a short. I'd start with double checking any/all wiring that you stated you'd worked on already. Then, from there I'd go to starter/battery wiring/connections. Just , be patient, and keep checking wiring connections one by one. Take it one connection at a time, and be patient. As I stated, veh. elect. is a real pain. As long as you only tackle one connection route at a time, you won't get too overwhelmed, thus, frustrated. Good luck! And, as a last resort, consult a reputable mechanic that deals with vehicle electrics specifically.
Why does the 40 amp. fuse for the ignition system blw out everytime I start my 2001 toyota p/u?
Disconnect your alternator and try again.

It may be bad, or wired up wrong.
Why does the 40 amp. fuse for the ignition system blw out everytime I start my 2001 toyota p/u?
You should go online to www.pbs.org and ask Click %26amp; Clack, the Tappert Brothers. They are on a show called %26quot;Car Talk%26quot;. You can find that in the shows listings. It will tell you how to get to their website and you can email them or wait til their show comes on and call in.
you just left a short some were. i own 3 toyota ,if you would like to they are recalls on toyota,i got one this week and 2 last month on the head gasket and the frount in part...c if your truck has one.going on,,good luck
Check the starter, solanoid, and for loose wires in that circuit. If you check the 40amp. is for the starter circuit. Start there, if it's the same after get it, with everything you've done into a good shop.
There is a short in the ignition wiring circuit. It would help to know the model and engine size. Check all the wiring in that circuit and also the components. It's very possible that you have pinched a wire between something while putting it back together.

rkb
to pop a 40a fuse there must be a direct short to ground when tuning the key... hi amp draws such as fuel pump circuit is where i would start tracing
You have a short somewhere in the wireing.
  • hair braiding
  • myspace code
  •