Wednesday 26 October 2011

What could cause my 92 honda accord to sputter when speeding up?

it does it mainly from first to third gear. once i get up to a constant speed it runs normally. I've tried all the fuel injector cleaners and no change. also, my battery light comes on and off a lot but i didn't think that has anything to do with it. I think maybe my terminal is just wiggling loose a little which shouldn't cause the sputtering could it.What could cause my 92 honda accord to sputter when speeding up?A common cause of Honda sputtering, especially during acceleration, is oil in the spark plug tubes. Pull the wires off the plugs and see if oil drips off the plug boots. If so, clean the oil out and replace the seals under the valve cover gasket. The seals come with the valve cover gasket set. Don't over-torque the hold-down nuts - they only torque to 7 ft-lbs.
What could cause my 92 honda accord to sputter when speeding up?
Fuel pump or filter (if it has one) could be clogged