Monday 17 October 2011

I hooked a computer up to my car and it said cylinder one misfire...?

so I changed the fuel injector and the plug and it still is chugging along... also wreaks like gas but i put everything back the way it was. car is a 2002 ford taurus. an ideas on what could be wrong?I hooked a computer up to my car and it said cylinder one misfire...?Well, it's narrowed down to a particular cylinder - #1.

Visually check the coil pack for any cracks or arcing. Cross the adjacent plug wires on the coil pack (I believe it's #1 and #5) and see if the misfire swaps cylinders - if it does, you simply have a bad plug wire.

If it still misfires on #1, and only on #1, you need to do a compression check.
I hooked a computer up to my car and it said cylinder one misfire...?
ANSWER. ANSWER. ANSWER. Your fuel pressure regulator is shot. The diapragm inside it is internally leaking into THAT particular cylinder. It is getting flooded with fuel, and causing a misfire. After tha, it is dumping fuel directly into your exhaust because it will not burn in the cylinder. Literally, the cylinder is pumping the fuel out your tailpipe. E-mail me back.
I hooked a computer up to my car and it said cylinder one misfire...?
Dave how are you fine I hope, I need for you to check the plenum and make sure it's not leaking to much air will give you a gas smell .Also make sure the fuel rail is secure and everything is ok . Check back with me later and let me know how things are working out. your friend JTB