Monday 17 October 2011

I have a 1992 Chevy truck, It runs about 10 minutes then dies unless you pour gas in it. I replaced fuel pump?

I changed the fuel pump,gas filter,injector relay, and still the same thing. Any ideas?I have a 1992 Chevy truck, It runs about 10 minutes then dies unless you pour gas in it. I replaced fuel pump?it may be a return line or vent :)
I have a 1992 Chevy truck, It runs about 10 minutes then dies unless you pour gas in it. I replaced fuel pump?
i'm going to guess there is a leak somewhere...i would have a mechanic look at it before replacing any other parts.
I have a 1992 Chevy truck, It runs about 10 minutes then dies unless you pour gas in it. I replaced fuel pump?
I have some troubleshooting tips on my site: no tools required!

http://econofix.com/nostart.html

GM stuff has a test connector by the battery (green terminal)



Putting 12 volts to it runs 12 volts directly to the pump.



You may have a computer problem: it operates the relay and the injectors. It's possible either the injectors are not opening, or the pump is shutting off.
there are two different filters on that truck one in the frame rail and one at the carb also theres a sock in the gas tank that could bet clogged up that will do it also