Friday 7 October 2011

My 03 ranger seems to have a fuel problem?

Recently I had to take my 03 ranger to a Ford dealer.I went out and started it and it did not want to run without me keeping my foot on the gas.When Idid keep my foot on the gas it put out a bunch of white smoke.I went out and started it again about 30 to 45 min.later and it ran fine. The dealer cleaned the injectors and changed the fuel filter and said it would be ok.It is not it is doing the same thing again.Truck has 90,000 miles and the check engine light does come onMy 03 ranger seems to have a fuel problem?The white smoke means you're burning oil. One of the valves could have been stuck open makeing it hard to start and when you cranked on the gas it ran, but poorly for a spell. You can run an oil additive in your truck to clean it out but remember that you have to follow the directions. Oil cleaner is meant to be run in the engine for 5 minutes and then change the oil immeadiately.
My 03 ranger seems to have a fuel problem?
Find out what the trouble code is first. Then you'll know where to start lookin for the prob.
  • client time
  • going to paint nails
  •