Monday 17 October 2011

Has anyone experienced lower gas mileage after using the 3-step Valvoline fuel injector cleaning system?

I just got this done and I am now getting HORRIBLE gas mileage.



I'm getting avg 20.4 mpg, when I used to get 24.9 with %26quot;a TON of carbon build-up.%26quot; That is what the guys there told me when I went to just get a regular oil change - %26quot;You have a ton of carbon build-up in your throttle body.%26quot;



Now my RPM meter is a little jumpy at times and idles at 1500 RPMs too. What is that about?



I was told that burning the carbon out could have damaged my sensors. Anyone have any similar experiences?



I think the most important question is, is the Valvonline Service Station liable for this damage? Thanks to anyone who answers.Has anyone experienced lower gas mileage after using the 3-step Valvoline fuel injector cleaning system?the cleaners are so harsh that they can damage your sensors, the best thing you could have done was to have your injectors removed and cleaned professionally. usually these cleaners affect your MAF sensor %26amp; your O2 sensor if either is damaged it will affect your fuel system resulting in poor idle, drop in MPG and overall engine performance. The only person liable for the damages is you, unless you didnt o.k the procedure.
Has anyone experienced lower gas mileage after using the 3-step Valvoline fuel injector cleaning system?
Your computer needs reset. My brother's sentra 2.5 litre SER tech-5 engine had the same problem and Valvoline reimburst him for the nissan dealer charge. Some computers can be reset by unhooking the battery for 8 hours also. He is getting better mileage and performance now...

Report Abuse