Wednesday 26 October 2011

Jeep 4.0l stroker deck height?

I'm building my first 4.0-4.7 stroker engine for my 92 wrangler. I was wondering about the low piston height in the bore with stock pistons. does it cause any probs. Emisions don't matter where i live. The only way i see to resolve this is custom pistons and cutting the block way down. seems like a waste of money if i already have the ~9.5-1 compression with the stock pistons and stock deck of the block. Other than changing fuel injectors do i need to worry about any other fuel management probs? I'm a gm tech but i don't know alot about the old chrysler fuel injection, will it just adapt from the o2 sensor like the old gm tbi systems, as they seem to be pretty forgiving to internal modification. P.S. I'm at about 4500ft, hot and dry as hell UT. We also see neg temps in the winter. Any advise from some one who has one of these would be nice.Jeep 4.0l stroker deck height?While I can't give you a great answer on this, see if the www.jpmagazine.com archieve has any information on the company converting 4.0l to 4.6l strokers. The magazine wrote an article about the company about a year and a half ago.



I don't remember how much details they gave in the article, and I'm pretty sure that the company won't give away too much information, but there might be enough to be useful to you.
Jeep 4.0l stroker deck height?
Call Summit racing or 4wd hardware, and they have the stats on this motor.
Jeep 4.0l stroker deck height?
I could write a big long response here but the simple fact is that this web site should be able to answer your question MUCH better than I ever could. If it doesn't I'll bet you can contact guy and pick his brain - he seems pretty knowledgeable.



http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.鈥?/a>
Ok,, below will answer all your questions and MUCH more. I have built the 4.7 liter. You might want to recalculate your compression ratio. Original is 8.8 to one and you just added a 1/2%26quot; stroker crank..I get a little over 10 to one and that is high. I have special pistons to bring it down to 9 to one. You should be only around 0.10 low with stock pistons on deck height. Yes you need to change the injectors are you now have a 20% larger engines, but the information I furnished below will tell you cheap way to get from Junk Ford 5 liter or part numbers.

The computer will have no problems, but I did build the adjustable MAP sensor to fine tune the system.

Personal gains were 51% more Rear Wheel HP and 61% torque. WARNING, your Dana 35 WILL NOT STAND this thing. You have around six months before the spiders to and take out the rear end.

Take it from me,,do the Ford 8.8 conversion...also on the net..Just finished mine and got disc as a side benefit.

Good Luck

PS BIG WARNING. IF you go with Crane cams..there are eight documented lob failures. Highest mileage is 33,000 and mine went at 32,000 miles. Other manufacturers have also failed.Suggest Crower cams and the special grooved lifters for more cam lubrication!!!!!! Most people are blaming the new low zinc oils that are now standard. OK for roller cams, but not tappet. I am now using Rotella Diesel oils, which still have the zinc.
  • store properties
  • healthier dessert cake recipes
  •