Friday 7 October 2011

What does advancing fuel pump timing does?

i have a diesel pickup truck and last month it started to smoke white. I had the injector tips changed and the smoke disappeared for about 500 miles. Now the smoke comes back again. I was wondering if advancing the pump would stop the smoke. I have good power and am not burning oil,,but getting poor fuel mileage. I decided to park the truck becase the smoke is terrible going through the streets.What does advancing fuel pump timing does?It breaks things, If combustion happens before the predetermined time and I am only talking about a small degree of advancement.

I would find out the cause but this depends on the vehicle on how I would go about it.
What does advancing fuel pump timing does?
year, make, and model ,would help!