Monday 17 October 2011

What is the best type of octane gas to use for a Vortec 4300 and why?

I was using 93 octane and someone told me that my engine would run better on 87 octane. I tried it and it is less responsive. I don't think I have any carbon build up, I use lucas fuel injector cleaner every oil change. He said my engine was built to run on 87 being that it is not a high compression engine. I asked a guy at Auto Zone and he told me to run 93. I'm just trying to figure out more information on gasoline. Can anyone help me out?What is the best type of octane gas to use for a Vortec 4300 and why?octane rating is the ability of a gasoline to resist ignition from compression. If you squeeze gas and air in a high compression engine and use low octane you have a risk of the mixture self igniting this is called detonation. Very bad for your motor. if you use high octane gas in a low compression motor you are wasting your money. Use the rating recommended in the manual and about every 10000 miles run a can of bg44k through the tank it is what almost everyone uses to clean the intake and injectors at the dealers its about 10-14 dollars a can
What is the best type of octane gas to use for a Vortec 4300 and why?
well it dosent realy madder but you will get a better response with the more octane i would run 93 if thats what you have ran it in it since you got it becaus switching gas octane levels is not good for the motor
What is the best type of octane gas to use for a Vortec 4300 and why?
i have a 4.3 in a 2000 c1500. it seems to like the higher octane, but it is too expensive. it runs fine enough on 87 but i run BG 44K fuel treatment. it is the best product i have found to rapidly de-carbon the injectors and combustion chambers. it is best to use it approx. every oil change. hope this helps.