Friday 7 October 2011

Problems getting a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT Automatic to start after pumping fuel?

Hello Everyone,



I have this problem with my car, whenever I go to the gas station and pump fuel into my car, my car has got the hardest time starting. When I am done pumping gas I go to turn the car on and it turns off on me. The way I get it started is as I go to turn on the car I have to press down on the gas pedal while in park for about 10 seconds and quickly change into drive to get my car moving.



This problem does not occur again after it has been turned off. My car starts up normally after turning it on and off randomly. I only have the problem where it wont start after pumping fuel.



Another problem with the car is that my RPM's keep on shifting every ones in a while, it constantly moves from 2000 to 1000 to 1500 to 500 RPM while it is in stall over a period of less than 30 seconds.



I have had my car looked at and got my fuel injectors changed and my oxygen sensor cleaned up due to a build up of carbon. Now I am not sure what to do with it. I may believe that it could be a fuel sensor or something.



If anyone out there has got any idea of how to fix this I would be greatly appreciated, I have dealt with this for the past six months and may believe the problem could get worse.



ThanksProblems getting a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT Automatic to start after pumping fuel?i have the same problem. ecxactly the same things happen when i put gas.
Problems getting a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT Automatic to start after pumping fuel?
Make sure the air filter is clean and you don't have a loose clamp on the air hose at the throttle body, or that the throttle body's not loose.



Can I ask how the O2 sensor was cleaned? If it's not responding properly, just replace it. Cleaning it won't work.



I'm betting it's either a throttle position sensor, or MAP (Manifold Pressure) sensor. Try unplugging the sensors and plugging them back in again. That might clear up a bad connection.

Have you ever had the %26quot;Check Engine%26quot; light come on? I'd get a copy of the factory service manual and follow the troubleshooting procedure.